Tuesday, May 3, 2011

This Isn't Right

She looks over at her friend and talks about how proud she is of her three year old daughter who already, at age three, can navigate the iPhone and the iPad and the iMac and the iPod and all the while I sit next to her friend who should at least have as much common sense as I do to think that this is disgusting, not normal and not right but instead as the woman keeps talking about her daughter and how she helped the eight year-old with the new iPad by showing her how to use it and the friend seems amazed and in awe but still I can't believe that the world has come to this disgusting and horrible thing and it makes me sad that I'm living in it and all I want to do right now is go somewhere else like Africa or Latin America where hopefully things are different and people are still people and families are still families and perhaps other people in this god forsaken place feel the same way that I do and if they do, why don't they speak up about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment